10 Ways to #SOT (Support Our Troops) For the Holidays
While we share special moments with our loved ones during the Holiday Season, our troops are deployed in dangerous and difficult conditions far away from home and family. This is the most important time of year to express our gratitude to the courageous men and women of the United States Military.
Here are 10 simple, yet very meaningful ways you can say “Thank You” to our heroes in harm’s way.
1. Nominate a Hometown Hero Online & Donate Wish List Items at Victory Motorcycle Dealers Drop off donated items through November 30 and receive a free Victory Military Salute pin. Nominate a true Hometown Hero with your own video that tells us why he or she is special. Vote for the video of your favorite hero, and the Hometown Hero with the most votes will receive a free Victory motorcycle!
2. Order personalized, Holiday Photo Cards and 10% of your order will benefit Operation Gratitude.
3. Keep knitting and crocheting those beautiful scarves. Nothing sends warmth and love like a hand-made item!
4. Write Letters to our Troops!!
Teachers: Request free greeting cards for coloring by your students to say “Thank You.”
5. Order Magazine subscriptions for yourself, for the troops or as gifts and 40% of your order benefits Operation Gratitude.
6. Great Ideas page: Do all your Holiday Gift shopping on the Operation Gratitude website! Gift Cards for 15,000 restaurants nationwide, children’s clothing, jewelry, patriotic and holiday merchandise, chocolate fudge, art, electronics, boots, party supplies and Operation Gratitude apparel can be found all on one page – and all purchases benefit Operation Gratitude!
7. Recycle Cell Phones: Raise funds for care package postage and benefit the environment at the same time.
8. Donate your old Vehicle: Car, Boat, RV, Motorcycle–Get end of year tax deductions and send care packages.
9. Send your Beanie Babies, WebKinz and Halloween Candy: Put smiles on our troops’ faces and help them put smiles on the faces of children in Afghanistan.
10. Donate $15/package to ship a personalized Operation Gratitude Care Package to a Soldier, Sailor, Airman or
Marine serving in harm’s way this holiday season. Let them know they are not forgotten.
If you would like to make a donation in someone’s honor or memory, beautiful tribute gift cards are now available.
And last but not least, we have a treat for you: We are giving YOU: 5 chances to win 5 great prizes in the Guess the Candy Weight 2010 Contest. How much Halloween candy do YOU think Operation Gratitude will receive this year? Let us know and the 5 closest guessers will win very exciting gifts! Hurry–contest ends December 5. See clues in our newest video: Halloween Candy Video
Check out the contest details here: Guess the Candy Weight 2010.
The Operation Gratitude volunteers have already started assembling and shipping the Holiday Care Packages! We appreciate all who have contributed in any way to making these packages so personal and special. We still have 30,000 more packages to go, so please continue to support our efforts in any way you can!
All our best wishes for a joyous and healthy Holiday season.
*Copied & pasted what the email said*